RE: AMBER: Compiling / Installing Amber 8 on SUSE 10.1

From: hayden <s0237717.sms.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:27:54 +0100

Hi Seth

I've installed amber8 on exactly that system. It's a fairly straight forward
process.

Make sure you use Intel FORTRAN compiler version 8.0041 or later

1. For all compilations use the 64-bit compiler (i.e. set the library path
to "/opt/intel_fce_80/lib" (assuming that you've installed it in the "opt"
directory.
2. To configure I used "./configure -p4 -static ia64_ifort"
2. This should compile everything except for leap, for which it is necessary
to force a 32-bit compilation with the attached makefile.

NB. Make sure that ifort and gcc (I think) installed and in your path.

Let me know if that works.

Best

hayden

Hayden Eastwood
Perdita Barran Research Group
Joseph Black Building
Edinburgh University
West Mains Road
EH9 3JJ

Tel: 0131 650 4773
e-mail: s0237717.sms.ed.ac.uk
Research page:http://homepages.ed.ac.uk/pbarran/PBRG/
"You have to be an academic to believe some things; no ordinary person would
be so stupid." -George Orwell