Re: AMBER: compilation of amber8 on Xeon x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

From: frustrated modeller <amber.jam.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 19:29:52 -0500

In the time i have been trying to install amber8 i have made frequent
searches of the reflector for the error messages i was getting, and i was
also checking through the installation scripts etc and i have tried many
combinations, so many in fact i cant really keep track of what i have done
since i was trying to install amber8 for over 8 days solid. the version of
the intell icc compiler was from this file off the intel website
l_cc_p_9.1.038.tar.gz, the intel fortran compiler ifort was from this file
also from the intel website l_fc_p_9.1.032.tar.gz. I used the -p4 option
because someone who appeared to be using the same architecture was suggested
to do so by Ross Walker (march 22 2005), if -p4 is incorrect then please
tell me what is since i tryed -gnucompat without success. I thought i had
made clear the exact errors i got for each test. Most of them gave the same
error which was just a segmentations fault.
Here is an example:
forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
  Run.tip4p: Program error

I am not compiling amber8 as root since i do not have root access to the
machine i am installing it on, and the mkl libraries, icc, and ifort were
installed locally by myself in order that i could install amber8. For this
reason i cant do anything about the X libraries, but if that just means i
cant have xleap on this machine i can live with that cause i have access to
another machine that does have xleap working. I am more worried the tests
show that sander is not working and that is what i need most of all.

sincerely,

Frustrated