Re: AMBER: R.E.D II

From: FyD <fyd.u-picardie.fr>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 09:47:51 +0200

Quoting Franck_Vendeix.ncsu.edu:

> * Software checking *
> rungms [ OK ]
> gamess.00.x [ OK ]
> resp [ OK ]
>
> The structure/conformation(s) is/are being optimized ... [ FAILED ]
> See the file "JOB1-gam1.log"
>
> Press Enter to exit
>
> The file 'JOB1-gam1.log' is not being created therefore its not possible
> to check the content of the error message. Could you (or anybody) please
> tell me what to do to get rid of this problem and make R.E.D II works with
> this version of GAMESS? Thanks

- Did you read the R.E.D. II manual pages 6-8 ?
- See also http://www.u-picardie.fr/labo/lbpd/RED/FAQ-II.htm#2

R.E.D. checks at the beginning of the output:
 The author names to idenfify GAMESS or Gaussian ouput
at the end of the job:
 EXECUTION OF GAMESS TERMINATED NORMALLY
Just before the Cartesian coordinates of the stationary point, the presence of:
     EQUILIBRIUM GEOMETRY LOCATED

If you do not have one of these set of words you get a [ FAILED ] job...

regards, Francois