Re: AMBER: amber memory usage

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 18:56:12 -0400

8 bytes for reals (Real Max Rstack), 4 bytes for everything else, no
guarantees that absolutely every byte allocated gets accounted for (I am not
an expert on this in sander; in pmemd I don't yet attempt to account for
stack allocations, but know it is really easy to alloc/dealloc something
deep in the code without keeping track of the fact that it bumps up the
total memory requirement). I would consider it a nice first level estimate.
Regards - Bob Duke