RE: AMBER: amber memory usage

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 17:28:31 -0700

> | Memory Use Allocated
> | Real 7390458
> | Hollerith 683261
> | Integer 8078098
>
> Do I determine useage as (Real+Hollerith+Integer)*8 ?

These are very basic estimates at the memory usage. You will probably get a
more accurate view of the memory usage by running top and checking the value
of VIRT which lists the total virtual memory being used by the program.
There is also RES which will show the resident memory size which tells you
how much is actually being used during the main part of the simulation. I.e.
some of the static arrays and unused routines may have been swapped out to
disk.

All the best
Ross

/\