Re: AMBER: amber 8 install problem

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 12:33:08 -0800

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006, qiwenpeng.sinap.ac.cn wrote:
> cd ptraj; make install
> make[1]: Entering directory `/storage/SAN/st05/E800A/home/user/siap/qwp/test_amb
> er/amber8/src/ptraj'
> pgcc -c -O2 -Mcache_align -DF90_TIMER -DF90_TIMER -o main.o main.c
> "ptraj_local.h", line 115: error: expected an operator
> int operator;
>
> "pdb/pdb.h", line 217: error: invalid combination of type specifiers
> char class[41];
>
> "pdb/pdb.h", line 217: error: expected either a definition or a tag name
> char class[41];
>
> "pdb/pdb.h", line 226: error: invalid combination of type specifiers
> int class;
>
> "pdb/pdb.h", line 226: error: expected either a definition or a tag name
> int class;

It looks like pgcc is trying to enforce C++ keyword restrictions ("operator"
and "class" are reserved words in C++ but not in C.) Can you see if there
is some flag to send to the compiler to have it use just ANSI C as the input
language?

[I might be wrong here, since I don't have the Portland group compiler. Is
it possible that you are on an OS (e.g. Windows) that does not preserve case
in file names? (pgCC is a C++ compiler, pgcc should be a C compiler.)]

It might be worth trying to set CC=gcc in your config.h; but this is even
more of a stretch than what is suggested above.

...good luck...dac