Re: AMBER: Xleap crash

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:51:53 -0800

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006, Scott Pendley wrote:

> > > I have installed amber8 on my work computer (dual athlon, RHEL 4).
> > > Installation has been working great with one exception, xleap.
>
> Dual processor Athlon 64 bit.

OK...this is a known problem. You can try this: put "-m32" in your
CFLAGS and LOADCC variables in $AMBERHOME/src/config.h. Then

    cd $AMBERHOME/src/leap
    make clean
    make install

This may or may not work, depending on whether you have enough development
libraries for 32-compilation installed on your machine. If it doesn't
work, you best current bet is just to not use xleap (or at least its edit
command....)

We will try to find a solution, but I don't want to make any guarantees.
The entire LEaP program will be replaced soon, but for now it uses ancient
X widget libraries that are not 64-bit clean. Maybe some others on the list
will have solved this problem, and can report what they did.

...regards...dac