Re: AMBER: Amber8 parallel compilation problems on EM64T system

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 12:28:27 -0800

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006, HL Eastwood wrote:

> I have been trying to compile the parallel version of amber but nothing
> I do seems to work. Here is how I configured it:
>

> /opt/lam-7.1.1/lib/libmpi.a(malloc.o)(.text+0xa0): In function
> `malloc_atfork':
> : undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'

LAM requires pthreads, but its "showme" option (which is supposed to list
its dependencies) does not.

Try this: edit your config.h file and add "-lpthread" to the end of the
LOADLIB variable.

Generically, when you have a "undefined reference", you need to figure out
which library is missing, and add that to loadlib.

(caveat: I haven't run LAM in a while, having moved over to its successor,
openMPI. But this advice or something like it should be in the right
direction.)

...good luck...dac