RE: AMBER: parallel compile problems on amber8

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:03:31 -0800

Dear Hayden,

> debug.o(.text+0xfba9): In function `force_dump_':
> : undefined reference to `mpi_reduce_'

I suspect that the lam installation you are using was compiled with a
different compiler to the one you are using to compile amber. This can often
lead to problems. The easiest solution to this is to download the lam source
code into your own directory and compile it using the same version of ifort
you used for amber. I would make sure that you use the em64t enabled version
of ifort as well on your system. This is typically installed in
/opt/intel_fce_80 (note the 'e') on P4 em64t linux machines.

If this doesn't work then can you please post your config.h file that was
generated by the configure script. This will help in working out what might
be wrong. E.g. incorrect mpi libraries linked in.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/
|\oss Walker

| Department of Molecular Biology TPC15 |
| The Scripps Research Institute |
| http://www.rosswalker.co.uk | PGP Key available on request |