Re: AMBER: Dummy Atom Types on both states

From: <david.evans.ulsop.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:29:39 +0000

Hi,

Just a question to clarify this for myself:
Is this asymmetry because the equation (5) on page 133 of the Amber8
manual is asymmetric about
lambda = 0.5 when lambda > 1?

Gromacs, and probably other codes, use a 'soft core' potential, which
is apparently symmetric. So this could perhaps allow simulations with
dummy atoms at both end-points. But I haven't done any proper
experimenting. Is this related to what you (Thomas) are doing?

Thanks

Dave
--
David Evans