AMBER: Leap & x86_64 / PGI (was: xleap solvatebox/oct problem)

From: Hannes Barsch <hbarsch.physik.uni-bielefeld.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:02:15 +0100

Dear Jiten, David and others,

I have some difficulties getting tleap to work on a dual opteron machine
with PGI fortran compiler installed. As David suggested (below) I compiled
tleap using gcc (3.2.3.20030502) what did not result in a correct working
tleap executable, either. How did you compile tleap with the gcc compiler,
Jiten? What configure options did you use?

I tried to generate a config.h by running './configure -opteron ifort' as
just changing pgcc to gcc in config.h resulted in linker problems. I used
this config file for tleap only, changing the include in line 1 in
src/leap/src/leap/Makefile to match the 'ifort' file. The compilation runs
fine but the executable (exactly as the pgcc compiled executable) shows
strange behaviour when using the solvatebox command: Compared to the result
on a P4 desktop with Intel compiler the waterbox is same size in x but much
smaller in y and z direction. Furthermore on the Opteron system, there are
almost twice as many water molecules pushed into the smaller box what leads
to the density being 4.5 as high as on the desktop system.

Thanks for any hint!

Regards,

Hannes