RE: AMBER: md.out & plot

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:59:58 -0800

The summary files are just text files... What do you mean by excel can't
recognise these files?

Go to import data -> select the file and choose space delimited and you
should get two columns imported, one with the time (that can easily delete)
and one with the data.

The only problem you come across is with differences between UNIX and DOS
text formating. In which case on Linux you can use the command unix2dos to
convert the format (or 'tr').

unix2dos mytextfile.txt

Alternatively if you just simply want to remove the time column from the
text file do:

cat file.txt | awk '{print$2}' > column2.txt

This will give you simply column two of the text file.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/
|\oss Walker

| Department of Molecular Biology TPC15 |
| The Scripps Research Institute |
| Tel:- +1 858 784 8889 | EMail:- ross.rosswalker.co.uk |
| http://www.rosswalker.co.uk/ | PGP Key available on request |