RE: RE: AMBER: Amber 8 installation

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:27:23 -0700

Hi Fangyu,

Try compiling amber with static linking:

cd $AMBERHOME/exe
rm -f *
cd ../src
make clean
rm -f config.h
../configure -p4 -nopar -static ifort
make

After recompiling this problem should go away. It is most probably caused by
your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable being set wrong. You should really
try and fix this but compiling amber as static means you won't have to worry
and you can move the executables onto other similar machines without having
to install all the intel compiler libraries on those machines.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/
|\oss Walker

| Department of Molecular Biology TPC15 |
| The Scripps Research Institute |
| Tel:- +1 858 784 8889 | EMail:- ross.rosswalker.co.uk |
| http://www.rosswalker.co.uk/ | PGP Key available on request |