Re: AMBER: why the enegy of native state of protein is high in GBSA calculation?

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.csb.sunysb.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 07:52:40 -0400

you need to read the literature more. it is
now generally accepted that ff99 has serious
bias and you should not expect the native state
of a protein with significant beta-sheet content
to be lowest in energy. try one of the more recent
force fields provided in AMBER 8.

Okur, A., Strockbine, B., Hornak, V. and Simmerling, C., ˇ®Using PC Clusters
to Evaluate the Transferability of Molecular Mechanics Force Fields for
Proteinsˇ±, J. Comput. Chem., 24:21, 2003.