Re: AMBER: Redhat install

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:32:33 -0700

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004, Helios Chen wrote:

> I install Amber7 in the Redhat9, and complier is completed. I write a
> amber.cshrc as follows:
> set AMBERHOME=/usr/local/amber7
> set PATH=/usr/local/amber7/exe
> ,but I cann't run any executive program(ex. sander, xleap or gibbs). The
> same case happened under /amber7/exe directory. The error message as
> follows: "bash: sander : command not found".

What happens if you type 'ls /usr/local/amber7/exe' ?
What happens if you explicitly add the path, i.e. if you
   execute /usr/local/amber7/exe/sander ?
What happens if you type 'echo $PATH'? You may need to export your PATH
   variable, and you probably don't want it to have _just_ the amber
   executables there. See if you can find someone local who knows Linux/Unix
   to help you out.

....dac