AMBER: Question about compiling PMEMD

From: Tod Pascal <tpascal.wag.caltech.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 00:21:40 -0700

Hello All,

I'm trying to install PMEMD on a P4 Red Hat 8 cluster (with MPI) using the
IFC 8.0. I'm aware that there is a bug that prevents the installation,
however I was hoping there was a work-around, since the version of IFC I've
gotten from Intel is version 8 (and I'm unaware how to obtain version 7.1).
The installation crashes with the following error:

.../Compile L3 -P ew_direct_cit_dat.f90

cat ew_direct_cit_dat.f90 | /lib/cpp -traditional
-I/opt/mpich-1.2.4//include

 -P -DLinux -DREGNML -DMPI -DNO_MPI_BUFFER_ALIASING -DSLOW_NONBLOCKING_MPI
-D

SHORT=INTEGER(2) -DLOGICAL_BYTE=LOGICAL(1) > _ew_direct_cit_dat_.f90

ifc -c -auto -tpp6 -mp1 -ip -O3 _ew_direct_cit_dat_.f90

ifc: warning: The Intel Fortran driver is now named ifort. You can suppress
th

is message with '-quiet'

fortcom: Severe: _ew_direct_cit_dat_.f90, line 81: **Internal compiler
error: s

egmentation violation signal raised** Please report this error along with
the c

ircumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report. Note: File
and

 line given may not be explicit cause of this error.

contains

^

compilation aborted for _ew_direct_cit_dat_.f90 (code 3)

make[1]: *** [ew_direct_cit_dat.o] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/net/hulk/home3/tpascal/amber7/src.pmemd/pmemd'

Is this error familiar, and if so do you have any suggestions? I've tried
compiling this file with a lower level of optimization (from L0 - L3) to no
avail.

Regards,

Tod

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It was simply designed too
large to begin with.
-- Some Engineer