Re: AMBER: Do we have to optimize the structure in order to do MEP Calculations?

From: Ilyas Yildirim <yildirim.pas.rochester.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:28:13 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Mr. Case,

The file I am using is, as I said before, from CCD Database. The name of
the molecule is CYTIDI10. I used the following command to convert to mol2
file to see whether there is a problem in antechamber conversion or not:

    $ antechamber -i CYTIDI10.pdb -fi pdb -o CYTIDI10.mol2 -fo mol2

and the error was

     Warning, 22 bond types may not be correctly assigned.

It gave a .mol2 file but totally wrong structure, projected on a 2D
surface. Is there any way to solve this problem? Or do I have to create
the gaussian input file using a different procedure?

Best,

--
  Ilyas Yildirim
  - Department of Chemisty       - Home Address:                -