AMBER: PMEMD Problems...

From: Jon Gray <jmgray.andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 16:38:23 -0400 (EDT)

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to install PMEMD to be used with our existing amber7
installation for a couple weeks now. At first I was having issues with
version 8 of the intel fortran compiler, but after switching to an older
version of 7 it seemed to compile smoothly.

Although it is compiled now, whenever I execute the pmemd binary file I
just get:

FORTRAN STOP PMEMD Terminated Abnormally!

There is no output of an error file whatsoever. This happens when I just
execute the command by itself (although then I get an mdout error along
with the Terminated Abnormally message) or when
I try running something that runs fine under sander. Here is line I am
attempting to execute:

pmemd -O -i sander_V_PMEMD.inp -o a_m.out -p a_m.top \
 -C a_m.V169ps.rst -r a_m.rst -ref a_m.V169ps.rst -x a_m.trj

Forgive me if I misused some terminology, or this is an obvious problem, I
am not actually in this field but rather just a tech person who has been
assigned this problem :)

Thank you in advance.

-Jonathan Gray (Carnegie Mellon University Chemistry Dept)