Re: AMBER: installing amber8 on a dual processor single box

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 11:39:24 -0800

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004, Carsten Detering wrote:

> after a more or less troublesome set-up (thanks to Bob Duke from UNC at this
> point), I would like to share the experience of setting up Amber8 on a dual
> processor machine (Redhat 8) using MPICH-1.2.5.2 and the new Intel fortran
> 90 compiler.

Thanks very much for your detailed instructions. We will be preparing an
updated FAQ on these issues soon.

I would just add one additional point for general users. After going to all
this effort, it is in most cases worthwhile to go ahead and compile and test
pmemd as well. Go to $AMBERHOME/src/pmemd and follow the instructions there.
You can test the installation by doing "make test.pmemd" in $AMBERHOME/test.

Thanks again for your contribution....regards....dac

David A. Case                     |  e-mail:      case.scripps.edu