Re: AMBER: TIP4P extended

From: Sarah Wittkopp <tschampe.sunchem.chem.uga.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:21:15 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Amber7 allows for correct treatment of extra points as massless particles,
therefore I would recommend using Amber7 and not Amber6. The mass of the
extra point (EP) will still be listed as 3, but it is treated correctly in
Amber7 MD simulations. When running the MD simulation, a smaller timestep
must be utilized, esp. in cases where the system is far from equilibrated.
You will see that such things as the density are computed corresponding to
an EP mass of 0, not 3 in Amber7.

-Sarah