Re: AMBER: A few questions in the protein unfolding simulations using GB model

From: Jiayun Pang <JXP251.bham.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:20:48 -0000

Dear Bill,
It is a PC running Linux with two processors. As I repeated the 1 ns
simulation a few times, the average time is about 10-11 days for dimer and
about 2 days for monomer. There was no other job running at the same time. I
assume it is probable due to the way GB model treats the solvent effects on
the molecule's surface but I coulndn't give any theoretical explanations.

Cheers
Jiayun