Re: AMBER: Minimiation (AMBER5/AMBER7) does not reach the tageted rmsd

From: Anna Schrey <anna_amber.web.de>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 11:39:47 +0100

Dear Kristina and David,

thank you for your hints. Setting the eedmeth parameter to 5 was indeed
very helpful (the Amber 7 calculations performed moe similar to the
Amber 5 calculation). Unfortunately, settig the cutoff to 999 did noch
improve the minimization.
However, the final solution was 1. to constrain the CA by harmonic
restraints and 2. to set nsnb from 25 to 10. According to further
experience in our group, nsnb=10 seems to be a good value for vacuum
minimizations using AMBER7.

best regards,

Anna

--
Dr. Anna K. Schrey
Forschungsinstitut fuer Molekulare Pharmakologie   Phone: +49-30-94793-231