RE: AMBER: AMBER Carnal files

From: Yong Duan <yduan.udel.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 22:02:40 -0400

Sorry, I asumed you were using unix.
Awk is a standard batch text-processing/editing program. You can check
how to use awk by,

man awk

All in small lower cases. In general, if you need to find something on
unix, you should try
man -k something_interesting

Try:

awk '{print $3, $4, $5}' carnal_output_file

This will print out the 3rd, 4th, and 5th columns and ignore the first 2
columns.
But, "position" implies coordinate which is a 3-d vector (x,y,z).

yong