Re: AMBER: pmemd

From: james tomomi macdonald <j.macdonald.mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 17:05:20 +0100 (BST)

Hi Bob,

Actually, having looked at it further, it appears that there has been
quite a high COM velocity during my simulation (which is being removed),
and some of the coordinates have gone over -999, so a couple of
lines read:

-207.0612654-164.0880036-682.2872437-521.2708399-275.5480435************
-521.3560550-275.9826974************-521.9206418-275.9782509************

for example this is a typical line from my output file:

check COM velocity, temp: 0.018330 0.51(Removed)

I haven't tried running it on sander 7, but i am thinking of trying to see
if i still get high COM velocities.

I think the solution would be to subtract a constant value from all the
coordinates.

A work mate has been running other simulations with almost identical input
parameters on a different protein on sander 7, but is not getting high COM
velocities.

If you would still like to have a look at my files, then i would be happy
to email them to you.

Thanks for your help,
Cheers,

James.