RE: question

From: Yong Duan <yduan_at_udel.edu>
Date: Fri 15 Nov 2002 23:40:56 -0500

Dear Ioana,

Your system is really big. My guess is that your system is about 2-3
orders of magnitude larger than the typical systems that other users
deal with regularly. In this case, indeed one should expect superb
scaling. You almost obtained perfect scaling!!! I would encourage you to
try the 512 CPUs. This is the best scaling data I've ever seen on
regular MD code (my guess is with PME?). My interpretation is that the
scaling reaches the peak at about 32-64 CPUs for typical 10-30K-atom
systems.

By the way, can we use your timing data as a benchmark? This is not a
joke because many other people have done the scaling this way. We feel a
little disadvantaged if we do not have a few real-world data to show
that AMBER can do just as well, if not better (thanks to the work of
Mike, Tom, and many others).

yong