Re: Protein jump out, please help

From: Michael G Cooney <chemgc_at_panther.Gsu.EDU>
Date: Thu 24 Oct 2002 14:51:52 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Dr. Nguyen,

This might be a translational problem, since you seem to be using periodic
boundary conditions, which can cause the solute to jump to another unit
cell where the water is not visible (the crd gives only one water box).
You might try using ptraj (a program to process the trajectory, hence the
name) to center the coordinates after MD; the AMBER web site gives more
information on this. Good luck; I hope this is the problem and that ptraj
solves it.

Sincerely,

Michael G. Cooney
Dept. of Chemistry
Georgia State University
Atlanta, GA 30303, USA

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Lich Nguyen wrote:

> Dear Amber experts,
>
> I am new Amber user. I am entering this forum seeking
> your advice.
> My problem is my protein jumping out of the water box,
> which is a truncated waterbox216. I use Amber7 and
> force field 99.
> After minimization, my protein is well surrounded by
> water. I continued to heat up my system to 305K. This
> is my input file:
>
> &cntrl
> imin=0, nmropt=1
> nstlim=10000, dt=0.001,
> ntpr=50, ntwr=1000, iwrap=1, ntwx=200,
> ntf=2, ntc=2, ntb=1,
> ntt=1,
> &end
> &wt type='TEMP0', istep1=0,istep2=1000,value1=0.0,
> value2=5.0, &end
> &wt type='TEMP0', istep1=1001,istep2=5000,value1=5.0,
> value2=100.0, &end
> &wt type='TEMP0',
> istep1=5001,istep2=10000,value1=100.0,
> value2=305.0, &end
> &wt type='TAUTP', istep1=0,istep2=5000,value1=0.5,
> value2=0.5, &end
> &wt type='TAUTP',
> istep1=5001,istep2=10000,value1=0.5,
> value2=0.1, &end
> &wt type='END' &end
>
> I haven’t known how to use Moil-view so I make a pdb
> file from trajectory output file. My protein already
> jumped out after the first time frame (after 200fs).
> About 1/4 of my protein is outside waterbox.
>
> Second, I tried to change some features. This is my
> new input file:
>
> &cntrl
> imin=0, nmropt=1
> nstlim=50000, dt=0.001,
v> ntpr=50, ntwr=1000, iwrap=1, ntwx=200,