Compiling Amber7 for a multiprocessor SUN Ultra-Sparc system.

From: jeff dyason <j.dyason_at_mailbox.gu.edu.au>
Date: Thu 8 Aug 2002 14:45:49 +1000

Hi,
        We will soon have access to a 64 processor Sun Ultra-Sparc system
and I was wondering if there was anyone out there in Amber land, who had
already compiled Amber7 on this sort of system, who could give some
advice on compile options and the most efficient way of running
multi-processor jobs ? I am assuming that we will have to compile using
MPI as the only shared memory models seem to be for SGI's and Cray's.
        Thanks in advance. I will compile any useful replies and post a
summary back to the list.

Bye Jeff.
Jeff Dyason e-mail: J.Dyason_at_mailbox.gu.edu.au
Centre for Biomolecular Science and Drug Discovery
Griffith University (Gold Coast Campus)
        http://www.gu.edu.au/centre/cbsdd
PMB 50 Gold Coast Mail Centre Tel: +61 7 5552 7028
Queensland 9726 Australia Fax: +61 7 5552 8098