Re: Compiling Amber7 for a multiprocessor SUN Ultra-Sparc system.

From: Sanjeev B.S. <sanjeev_at_mbu.iisc.ernet.in>
Date: Thu 8 Aug 2002 10:16:08 +0530 (IST)

>multi-processor jobs ? I am assuming that we will have to compile using
>MPI as the only shared memory models seem to be for SGI's and Cray's.

I have compiled amber6 on 4processor Sun (420R). I used MPICH, but
compiled mpich itself with -with-device=ch_shmem. I thought that would be
good, though it can probably be bettered. Presumably, with high
performance MPI tools from Sun, one can get better results. It is a
freeware/shareware, which I found infintely complicated to install. You
might be interested to check if it is available.
-Sanjeev