Re: amber on MAC OSX

From: Randy M. Wadkins <rwadkin_at_jhmi.edu>
Date: Fri 07 Jun 2002 15:29:58 -0400

Hi David:
I'm not the expert on g77, but it looks like an internal error.
Here's the output from the Make script:

<START>
cd gibbs; make install
../Compile L2 -P -DNOEWALD force.f
cat force.f | cpp -traditional -P -DNOEWALD -DLinux > _force_.f
g77 -c -O3 -fno-globals -ff90 -funix-intrinsics-hide _force_.f
/var/tmp/ccEhaaaa.s:1554:Invalid form of the instruction (RA must not
the same as RT)
*** Error code 1

Stop in /UNIX_stuff/amber7/src/gibbs.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /UNIX_stuff/amber7/src.
<END>

I can't make heads or tails out of that error message.

The version of g77 is:

g77 version 2.95.2 19991024 (release) (from FSF-g77 version 0.5.25
19991030 (prerelease))

There's also something weird with the Makefile for gibbs. If you
look at the SRC list in the Makefile, force.o is listed as a source.
I'm not a Makefile expert, but this is the first time I've run across
an object file as a source file. At first I thought this was the
problem, but I changed it to force.f and ended up with the same
error. I guess this doesn't hurt anything, since it compiles fine on
my RedHat 7.2 box (using the absoft 7.0 compiler, not g77).

--Randy

"Our clocks don't chime, they ring-
-a-ding-ding"
--Frank Sinatra
Randy M. Wadkins, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Oncology
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Bunting-Blaustein Cancer Research Building
Room 1M 45
1650 Orleans Street
Baltimore, MD 21231
Phone: 410-955-8368