Re: Linux Parallel compilation Linux Mpich PGI

From: Viktor Hornak <viktor.hornak_at_sunysb.edu>
Date: Mon 27 May 2002 10:56:24 -0400

Fabrice Yerly wrote:

> Dear amber users,
>
> I try to compile amber6 on a Debian Linux Cluster, using MPich and the
> Portland compiler. I inspired from the web page
> http://amber.ch.ic.ac.uk/cluster_info/index.html, and I copied the
> machine.pgf77_mpich file for the compilation.
>
> The file farg.f in the sander directory is missing. Does anybody know where
> to find it?

Dear Fabrice,

you need to use the workaround which is posted on PG website
(http://www.pgroup.com/faq/link.htm#link1a, FAQ: How do I fix a
": undefined reference to `f__xargc'" problem?) to link object files
which were previously compiled by pgf77 and g77.
The explanation and the contents of farg.f is posted there:
       integer function mpir_iargc()
       mpir_iargc = iargc()
       return
       end
       subroutine mpir_getarg( i, s )
       integer i
       character*(*) s
       call getarg(i,s)
       return
       end

Hope this helps,
-Viktor

Viktor Hornak
CSB computational facility     Phone: (631)632-1439
SUNY at Stony Brook            Fax:   (631)632-1555
Stony Brook, NY 11794-5115     E-mail: viktor.hornak_at_sunysb.edu