RE: Problems with AMBER7 and Multiple Processors on SGI servers

From: Vincent BOSQUIER <vbosquier_at_nimes.syntem.com>
Date: Tue 30 Apr 2002 11:59:11 +0200

Hi,

First, let me thank you very much for your help. I have installed MPICH on my SGI server and that seems to work fine. But now, when I "make install" AMBER7, with the Machine.sgi_mpich file linked as MACHINE in src directory, I have an error when it begins to "make install" in the mm_pbsa directory.

In fact, the command "cc -O -c molsurf.c" runs apparently correctly, but the next command ("mpif77 -o molsurf molsurf.o -lm -lblas -lcomplib.sgimath -lfastm") generates the following error message :
        ld64: FATAL 12 : Expecting n64 objects: molsurf.o is n32.
        *** Error code 1 (bu21)
        *** Error code 1 (bu21)

Has anybody an idea that could help? Thanks in advance.

Vincent.

Vincent Bosquier
IT Engineer

Synt:em