Re: mm_pbsa

From: Wei Wang <wwang_at_cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Mon 19 Nov 2001 17:27:10 -0800 (PST)

First, since your set ups of your MD simulations are different, it's not
suprising to see some difference of binding energy. If you include
entropy, that discrenpacy may be reduced.

Second, MM/PBSA is good for calculating relative binding free
energies. I'm not so sure about values of absolute binding free energies
obtained from MM/PBSA.

Third, the total MM energy can be very different if your systems in the MD
simulation are quite different (box vs. cap).

hope this helps,

Wei Wang