Re: movie for subset of atoms

From: Florian Barth <bio_hazard_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu 30 Aug 2001 23:16:00 +0200

Hello Anton,

maybe I don't fully understand your problem. But with VMD you can
select and display any desired molecule/atom subset of a larger system using the graphics
menu. You can even create several subsets of molecules and/or
atoms and use a different gaphical representation or coloring method for
each. The manual at the VMD homepage describes how to create subsets
in detail: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node40.html

Hope that helps

     Florian

ABG> Dear Amber Users,

ABG> I would like to create a movie based on MD trajectory for only a
ABG> subset of atoms. Let say RES 1-5 and a couple of solvent molecules
ABG> out of system with 240 residues in a water box. The programs i used
ABG> so far let me do it only if I recreate the new topology (or .parm in case
ABG> of VMD) file and load it together with the new (modified) coordinate
ABG> stream.
ABG> Is there any way to do it without creating a new .top file?

ABG> Thanks a lot,

ABG> Anton
ABG> *******************************
ABG> * Anton B. Guliaev, Ph.D *