RE: residue numbering in dimers and trimers

From: Bayly, Christopher <christopher_bayly_at_merck.com>
Date: Thu 30 Aug 2001 14:30:47 -0400

Hi Bill,

I would find it very useful to be able to retain the canonical PDB numbering
in a protein structure in my AMBER work. All this time, I have had to
remember what the conversions were (from AMBER to PDB and back), and due to
insertions/deletions it is not always a simple offset from the PDB numbers.
The most important few residues are easy to remember, but anything new
requires a lookup.

Christopher