Re: simulating membranes with AMBER

From: Thomas Huber <Thomas_Huber_at_Physik.TU-Muenchen.DE>
Date: Tue 31 Jul 2001 20:54:38 +0200 (MET DST)

Marcela,
if you are interested in all-atom lipid bilayer simulations, at least for
amber 4.1, it was possible to select some undocumented source in
prep/link/edit/parm/sander, that allows for the full CHARMM forcefield.
I don't know how this feature is supported in later varsions of amber.
But be aware, that the 'philosophy' for parametrization of amber and
charmm forcefield parms is different. This might create problems when
combining, e.g. amber nucleic acid or peptide with charmm lipids.
Thomas

Dr.Thomas Huber University of Arizona
Tel.: (520) 621-2537 Department of Chemistry
FAX: (520) 621-8407 1306 E. University Blvd.
email thuber_at_physik.tu-muenchen.de Tucson, Arizona 85721-0041