structure verification

From: Christian Pilger <cpilger_at_oc30.uni-paderborn.de>
Date: Thu 5 Apr 2001 15:22:29 +0200

Dear AMBER users,

I ran a series of MD calculations on a protein, partially solvated in
water with the aim to equilibrate the solvent molecules. The equilibrated
structure is going to be employed in a docking study.

I would like to ask for your opinions: is it valuable/necessary to check
such an equilibrated protein structure by means of tools available for
structure verification in macromulecular Xray crystalography/NMR
spectroscopy, such as WHATIF and/or ADIT from the PDB ? Are there other
programs available for this type of validation ?

Ciao,

Christian

 Dr. Christian Pilger

    Istituto di Strutturistica Chimica "Giordano Giacomello"
    C.N.R. - Sezione di Trieste
    Area Science Park - Basovizza
    Strada Statale 14 - Km. 163.5
    I-34012 Trieste/Italy

   Tel.: +39+040+226881
   Fax : +39+040+9221126
 e-mail: cpilger_at_oc30.uni-paderborn.de