Re: PBC box problems

From: Michael Ford <mford_at_ccrc.uga.edu>
Date: Tue 20 Mar 2001 13:10:17 -0500

I suppose for the good of the e-mail archive I should post the solution
to my problem as well as thanking Dr. Case and Dr. Ross for their
invaluable input.

I was having problems with a water box surrounding a protein-ligand
complex.
Using const P and anisotropic position scaling, the box and protein
would scale in one dimension, disrupting the correct geometry. (During
simulated annealing)

I used isotropic position scaling, and the problem was fixed. I think
there is a fundamental problem with constant pressure dynamics and
anisotropic position scaling!!

Mike Ford

--
Michael G. Ford