Re: MD without SHAKE

From: Troy Wymore <wymore_at_psc.edu>
Date: Wed 28 Feb 2001 13:59:51 -0500 (EST)

Not using SHAKE for the solute intramolecular hydrogen bonds may be okay
by using a small time step, 1 fs or less; but what about with TIP3P
waters. Wasn't the TIP3P water model designed on the basis of a
restrained geometry, namely using SHAKE? I assume that the DNA is
solvated in the simulation.

I would be curious as to any comments on this matter?

Troy Wymore
Biomedical Initiative Group
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center