RE: Linux 6.2 install problems

From: Ross Walker <r.c.walker_at_ic.ac.uk>
Date: Mon 26 Feb 2001 21:39:02 -0000

Dear Troy,

I very much suspect that you are missing a number of header files that are
required for compiling Amber. Specifically, your compilation crashed
because you do not have installed (or it is in the wrong path) the header
file sigcontext.h which is referenced in signal.h. Sigcontext.h is used
for addressing the maths coprocessor functions of the ix86 chip and thus is
required for Amber.

sigcontext.h is part of the glibc development libraries which are not ( as
far as I am aware) installed by the default Redhat 6.2 install. I suggest
you install these development libraries and recompile Amber to see if this
solves your problem. You can get the file here:

ftp://src.doc.ic.ac.uk/Mirrors/ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/redhat-6.2/i386/Red
Hat/RPMS/glibc-devel-2.1.3-15.i386.rpm

Install it as root with the command

rpm -i glibc-devel-2.1.3-15.i386.rpm

I hope this helps.

All the best.
Ross

/\
\/
|\oss Walker

| Imperial College of Science, Technology & Medicine |
| Department of Chemistry | Theoretical Division |
| Tel:- +44 207 59(45851) / +44 7958 970896 |
| EMail:- http://ross.ch.ic.ac.uk/ |
| PGP Key available on request |

Please note:
The above message is not necessarily the views of the author, Imperial
College or The Department of Chemistry. The author of this message accepts
no responsibility for any offence caused. If this message is forwarded to
anyone not on the original contact list then the responsibility lies solely
with the person forwarding the email and not with the author.