Re: Bang for the Buck

From: mite51 <mite51_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri 9 Feb 2001 14:33:44 -0800

Well.. I am designing my own cluster, hopefully for sale when it is done. I
am planning to put some ThunderBirds in when it is complete. From what I can
tell right now a ThunderBird 800 has the biggest bang for a buck. For about
$3000US I could make a 4 node diskless cluster with 4 TB chips, 256MB RAM
and 100 MB NICs.

If you or anyone else is interested feel free to contact me, I am working on
my web site where I hope to have a "build your own cluster" interactive
flash page. I will post a link when it is done.

Jason Wylie