Re: not using SHAKE

From: Michael Cooney <mike_at_bmbiris.bmb.uga.edu>
Date: Wed 7 Feb 2001 11:32:51 -0500 (EST)

The only change that I know must be made if one does not use shake is to
set the time step (dt) to .001 (ps), i.e. 1 fs, because the .002-ps step
leads to excessive changes in the bond lengths, especially for the heavy
atom-hydrogen bonds, and thus high energies. Since I'm just recently using
Amber 6.0, there might be some other changes listed in the manual as well.
Good luck!

Sincerely,

Michael Cooney
The University of Georgia