Re: input error?

From: jim caldwell <caldwell_at_heimdal.compchem.ucsf.edu>
Date: Fri 6 Oct 2000 10:33:44 -0700 (PDT)

You have the same problem discussed yesterday. There must be
one and only one space before the "&".

jim

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Troy Bothwell wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am a new user having problems getting a simple minimization to run. I am
> using Amber 6.0 on and SGI Origin 2000 parallel computer. My input is
> identical to the min2.in example supplied in the Amber 6.0 manual on p. 27.
>
> --------------------------
>
> minimization run
> &cntrl
> imin=1,
> ntb=1, ntc=2,
> maxcyc=500, ntpr=25,
> &end
>
> --------------------------
>
> The minimization will be performed on a simple hexapeptide, but I get the
> following error when trying to run sander:
>
> rcf:/vol0/home/bothwell/Indoline> sander -O -i min1.in -c ypgdv.crd -p
> ypgdv.top
>
> -o min1.out -r min1.xyz
> namelist read: cannot position within current file
> apparent state: unit 5 named min1.in
> last format: namelist io
> Unit 5 is a sequential formatted external file
> *** Execution Terminated (170) ***
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Troy Bothwell
> University of Nebraska Lincoln
> Dept. of Chemistry

James W. Caldwell (voice) 415-476-8603
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry (fax) 415-502-1411
Mail Stop 0446 (email) caldwell_at_heimdal.ucsf.edu
513 Parnassus Avenue (video) farbauti.compchem.ucsf.edu
University of California (netmeeting)
San Francisco, CA 94143-0446