AMBER installation

From: Dayle Smith <smithd_at_U.Arizona.EDU>
Date: Wed 16 Aug 2000 11:55:27 -0700 (MST)

Good Morning.
I am trying to install AMBER 6.0 on out Linux cluster. The cluster
utilizes the portland compiler and lam-mpi 6.3.1. I'm using Machine.g77
as the MACHINE and the 'Generic Machine' in the roar 2.0 Makefile. When I
run 'make install' in the $AMBERHOME/src/roar-2.0 directory
I get the following error:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot open -lU77: No such file or directory

When I use 'Generic Linux' as the machine, I get this error:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open -lmpi: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open -lF77ext: No such file or directory

It seems that the compiler can't find the libraries. Do you know what I
should do?

 Sincerely,
 Dayle Smith
 Chemistry Department