Re: amber problem

From: <dek_at_cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Wed 19 Jan 2000 09:12:05 -0800

Alexandre Gillet writes:
>I have a problem when I am using Xleap to create my topolgy file and
>.crd file.
>When I do a simple minimization ,with sander, of the file obtain with
>Xleap , the Hbond energy is always 0.000 .
>I do not encounter this problem when I built my amber file using PREP
>,EDIT, LINK, PARM.
>I would like to know if someone already face this problem and what is
>the solution to resolve it ?
>I am running the program on SGI irix 4.2.
>I use AMBER 5.

I think the H-BOND energy should be zero with the new force fields (parm95 and
newer). This is because the H-BONDing energy that used to be a 10-12 termi
is now represented by the 1/r electrostatics. Perhaps P/E/L/P is adding
the H-BOND terms to the force field file anyway.

Dave
Email: http://picasso.ucsf.edu/~dek