Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA and membrane effect incorporation for GBSA

From: Ray Luo via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2024 14:33:50 -0700

Stéphane,

Thanks for trying out the new membrane features! Regarding your questions,
I don't think you can easily do membrane MMPBSA simulations with setups not
mentioned in the manual or the test cases. Specifically, the new automatic
membrane setup is not for GBSA applications as we do not have a
membrane-dielectric GBSA. In addition, the residue-based decomposition does
not work for membrane MMPBSA. We are working on these features and will
release these in future Amber versions.

All the best,
Ray
--
Ray Luo, Ph.D.
Professor of Structural Biology/Biochemistry/Biophysics,