[AMBER] Empty first column and commas in the input

From: Javier Carmona Garcia via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 17:25:09 +0200

Dear AMBER users,

I was wondering about two aspects regarding amber's input structure and if they have any effect if not present in the newer versions of the program. More specifically, I was wondering about the space before & and / for the different namelists (also the two spaces before each keyword within each namelist that appear in several AMBER examples), and the commas after each keyword.

I wanted to ask if the program requires this specific structure in all cases or if the need to include these things depends mainly on the compiler used. This question arises because I have been using input files which, although they include commas after each variable, they do not contain a first empty column (space beforeĀ & and /) and (seemingly) worked fine, with AMBER reading properly all keywords. If I am not mistaken, I have read in the forum that the commas after each keyword (if they are written in different lines) may not be necessary depending on the compiler. Thus, apart from asking directly if that is the case, I wanted to know as well if that also applies for the spaces beforeĀ & and /.

Thank you beforehand and best regards,
Javier