Re: [AMBER] Modified amino acids in MCPB.py

From: Ingso Limbu via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2024 12:33:58 +0000

Hi Zhen,
Thanks for the prompt response.
More so than MCPB.py, it's the H++ server for the step on
We can use the webserver H++<http://biophysics.cs.vt.edu/> (here we use the default settings) to add hydrogen atoms to the PDB file. H++ will delete the non-standard residues during the modeling process. Along with generating the PDB file with hydrogen atoms, it will also generate AMBER topology and coordinate files for the system. Then we can use the topology and coordinate files to generate PDB file, since this PDB file will use an AMBER naming scheme for the residues (e.g. HID, HIE, HIP but not HIS for Histidine). Here we perform the command:

ambpdb -p 0.15_80_10_pH6.5_4zf6.top<https://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial20/files/mcpbpy_heme/0.15_80_10_pH6.5_4zf6.top> -c 0.15_80_10_pH6.5_4zf6.crd<https://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial20/files/mcpbpy_heme/0.15_80_10_pH6.5_4zf6.crd> > Protein_H.pdb

Where the H++ server deletes my modified residues but the GFP tutorial you have loaded might do the trick and I can get the pdb file with the topology and coordinate file to replace the ambpdb step (atleast that's what I believe so.)

Thanks