Re: [AMBER] Regarding using two basis sets in QUICK

From: Goetz, Andreas via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2024 20:32:16 +0000

Hi Kriti,

You can define your own basis sets. The basis set is in directory $QUICK_BASIS, which will be defined after you source amber.sh.

You can create a new custom basis set file (e.g. “CUSTOM.BAS") into which you copy the desired basis set information for each element. You can get the basis set information from the existing basis set files in directory $QUICK_BASIS. You will have to add the basis set name to the file "basis_link". I recommend to also copy the corresponding SAD guess information for each element (e.g. into directory “CUSTOM.SAD").

If you do not have write permission to the AmberTools installation directory, then you can use a different directory. In this case you will have to point QUICK_BASIS to the desired directory, e.g. `export QUICK_BASIS=~/my_basis_sets`.

Information on how to add new basis sets is also available in the online documentation at
https://quick-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/developer-guide.html#adding-new-basis-sets

All the best,
Andy

Dr. Andreas W. Goetz