Re: [AMBER] Benzene ring planarity

From: Carlos Simmerling via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 15:38:34 -0400

ff19SB will not be related to the behavior of the small molecule, that
comes from the small molecule force field. You do not say how you obtained
those parameters. You mention Gaussian but that is probably for the
partial atomic charges. What small molecule force field did you use -
perhaps GAFF or GAFF2?
also, the rings will not always be planar, they likely fluctuate and you
will see non-planar snapshots. On average it should be planar. Are you
seeing a specific problem? maybe you could measure a ring dihedral angle
and see if the average is 0 radians.