[AMBER] Benzene ring planarity

From: Intravaia, Lauren E via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 19:28:23 +0000

Hello,

I am performing MD simulations of enzyme-inhibitor complexes using AMBER ff19sb forcefield. I noticed that benzene rings on the small molecular do not remain planar throughout the simulation. I derived forcefield parameters after geometry optimization and ESP calculation with gaussian. Is there anything I can do to maintain planarity of the planar rings during the simulation?

Thank you,
Lauren

--
Lauren Intravaia